Analytics and Interview
On 16 January 2015 late in the evening the website of the Ministry of Justice published a statement that the NGO Committee Against Torture had been added to the register of non-profit organizations designated as ‘foreign agents’.
Tanya Lokshina is the Russia program director at Human Rights Watch and Honorary Participant of International Youth Human Rights Movement: As the crisis in Ukraine escalated this spring, the Kremlin’s vicious crackdown on civil society also escalated. Space for independent civic activity in Russia is shrinking dramatically, but international policymakers and the media have been understandably too distracted to do much about it. Since early spring, it seems as though every week brings a new pernicious law or legislative proposal.
Earlier this year, the correspondent of Youth Human Rights Movement from Germany Jakob Stürmann interviewed Konstantin Baranov, member of the Coordination Council of the International Youth Human Rights Movement. They discussed so called “law against homosexual propaganda” and the overall situation of LGBT in Russia.
Search on site
Oleg Sentsov, Olexander Kolchenko, Hennadiy Afanasiev and Oleksiy Chyrniy have been held in Russian jails for two years already under fabricated charges of ‘terrorism’. We consider it being necessary to express solidarity with those who are persecuted due to their pro-Ukrainian views, civic stand and desire for freedom in Russia-annexed Crimea.
Helsinki Committee of Armenia has published “Human Rights in Armenia 2014” Annual Report. The report reflects on the Right to Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Peaceful Assembly and Association, Torture, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment, Political Persecutions, Freedom of Conscience and Religion, The Rights of the Child, Protection of Labor Rights.
«We have a few questions for you,» a border guard told Sinaver Kadyrov, a Crimean Tatar activist, at the Armyansk checkpoint in northern Crimea on Jan. 23. Kadyrov was on his way to Kherson, in southern Ukraine, to fly to Turkey for medical treatment. It was the beginning of an ordeal that ended with a local court expelling him from Crimea, his home of almost 25 years.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority It is time to sit back and reflect.
- Human rights defenders appeal to Vladimir Putin to amnesty Bolotnaya prisoners
- Ekaterinburg NGO wins 'foreign agent' case
- Supreme Commercial Court criticises President's proposal to merge courts
- Prosecutor General's Office refuses to drop charges against NGOs pending ruling of Constitutional Court
- Trial of Professor Savva begins in Krasnodar
- Online petition urging EU leaders to stop mass surveillance and to clearly and unambiguously state their opposition to all systems of mass surveillance
- Join the International Day of Solidarity with Civil Society of Belarus 4 August 2013
- In war on free expression, Putin approves restrictive legislation
- Voronezh Human Rights House at risk of closure
- Private security guards brutally beat environmental activists in Khopyor district, Voronezh
- Interview with Pavel Chikov: "55 banned topics for NGOs"
- Assault on Representatives of Komi Human Rights Commission (KPK) “Memorial”
- List of Russian NGOs named “foreign agents” (updated)
- NGOs Ask President Putin: What Billion Dollars?
- Justice Ministry starts legal proceedings against Golos as ‘foreign agent’
- Moscow Helsinki Group criticizes law on ‘blacklist’ of websites
- PACE rapporteur on the rights of LGBT people: “The draft bill on ‘homosexual propaganda’ to be examined by the Russian Duma is an attempt to curtail fundamental freedoms”
- Experts Testify as the Controversial Niznhy Novgorod “Book Trial” Continues
- Voronezh organizers of the picket against homophobic law appealed to the police
- Murder Threats Against “Memorial”’s Vitaliy Ponomarev
- St Petersburg City Hall refuses to allow anti-fascists to march in memory of Markelov and Baburova
- Investigative Committee Unites 'Bolotnaya Square' and 'Anatomy of a Protest-2' investigations
- In Memory of Yury Markovich Schmidt
- Ministry of Justice Can’t Crack the Agents
- Voronezh human rights defender Alexey Kozlov threatened again
- The exhibition ‘Ryazan 1937. Black Jubilee’ is now online
- Lev Ponomarev: In Memory of Vladimir Shaklein
- Otto Frank’s Stepdaughter Eva Schloss: “A miracle happened: the Nazis are gone from the camp”
- The Observatory: Russian Federation: Judicial harassment against Mr. Igor Kalyapin
- Appeal from Moldova's civil society representatives on the urgent need to replace the current peacekeeping mission on the Nistru River
- The activists turned to Lady Gaga for the protection of the right to identity
- Appeal of Non-Governmental Organizations from the OSCE Region to the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan Concerning the Forced Closing of the Young Lawyers’ Association “AMPARO”
- Russia’s NGOs presented shadow report on torture at the UN in Geneva
- Conference in Moscow. Reflection on the past. Work at present. Dreams about the future
- New UN Special Rapporteur on Belarus calls for dialogue with Government and civil society
- Russia is being propelled down a familiar tragic path: Statement from the International Society ''Memorial''
- From 17th to 22nd of June in Amsterdam took place an educational trip on antiracism, antidiscrimination and alternative social projects
- Anti-discrimination policies in Russia: a fairy tale or reality?
- 20 NGOs Closed Down in Ingushetia for “Links to Foreign Intelligence Services”
- The Investigation into the Murder of Anna Politkovskaya has been Completed
- Anna. We shall remember you, mourn for you and learn from you
- A Gathering of Human Rights Activists
- Sign an appeal against so called "ban on homosexualism proganda"
- Last weekend in Voronezh took place a seminar called “Civil educational work with a help of media-forms and methods”
- The end of action: Stop racism!
- Preventing from xenophobia in Russian regions: collecting parallel realities
- St. Petersburg learning and discussion about Hate Crimes
- Training in the sphere of human rights area as valuable approach and an art
- Cities are joining intercultural action „Stop racism!”
- The World Marks an International Day of solidarity with civil society of Belarus
- New report: Fundamental freedoms under serious threat in Central Asia twenty years after Soviet collapse
- Statement No.12 “On restrictions on freedom of movement in relation to citizens of the Republic of Belarus”
- Statement No.13 “On the execution of the death sentences in the Republic of Belarus”
- SING FOR DEMOCRACY: A campaign in anticipation of Eurovision 2012
- Orlov and Kovalev Advised Colleagues not to Work in the Human Rights Council under Putin
- Presidential Council on Human Rights asks Medvedev to Contribute to the Release of Human Rights Activist Ales Bialiatski
- Overview of Russian after-election protests
- OPEN YOUR MIND - SPEAK OUT AGAINST RACISM: European-wide Action Week Against Racism - 17-25 March 2012
- Manifest on the onrushing advent of discriminatory legislation
- As the Ministry of Justice got scared by the possible protest of the lawyers and in what it has resulted
- Valiantsin Stefanovich ordered to pay 57 mln. within seven days
- Ales Bialiatski is in Babruisk penal colony
- On February 27-28 Kyiv Hosted the Second Meeting of the International Platform “Civil Solidarity”
- International conference against racism and violence
- Statement by the Human Rights Council of Russia on the Elections of 4 December, 2011
- Results of first month of the International Committee of the International Observation Mission work. Press conference
- Results of first month of the International Committee of the International Observation Mission work. Press conference
- OSCE Chairperson meets international human rights NGOs, encourages open dialogue
- Analytical review on situation with human rights defenders and human rights organizations in Belarus
- Racism must not be tolerated nor ignored - Lets confront it UNITED!
- An emerging trend in Georgia - shrinking the scope of rights and freedoms guaranteed under the national legislation
- Activists describe events in Belarus as a ‘cleanup operation' against civil society
- Statement № 2/St-002 Long-term International Observation Mission Committee of the International Control for the human rights situation in Belarus
- Be Loud Against Fascism! International Day Against Fascism and Antisemitism - 9 November 2011
- International Week of awareness-raising action "In Search of Utopia" (as part of the International Campaign "Crystal night - never again!", November 9-16)
- Round table "Cooperation of NGOs, educational institutions, libraries and educational authorities in the field of preventing xenophobia among youth", Moscow (Russia), 8 November 2011
- Human Rights Activists Call for Strengthening the OSCE Standards on Human Rights and give it Two Years to Reform
- “Development of international civil initiatives against racism and violence in Russia and Russian-speaking countries”, Voronezh, 27-30 November 2011
- Two human rights workshops took place in Kyiv
- Crude Accountability Issues a New Report on the Financial and Administrative Management of Turkmenistan's Oil and Gas Sector "THE PRIVATE POCKET OF THE PRESIDENT (BERDYMUKHAMEDOV):OIL, GAS AND THE LAW"
- The First anti-racism and anti-discrimination on-the-spot visit to the Netherlands came to an end
- Helsinki Citizens’ Assembly: «musketeers - 20 years after»
- Second study visit on anti-fascism finished in the Netherlands
- School in Kiev: protection of Student Rights as a start of active civic position
- A video message from the participants of the action of solidarity with Ales Bialiatsky
- Member of the Presidential Council announced persona non grata in Belarus
- Seminar "Satire and humor against authoritarianism" took place in Germany
- Protection of human rights defenders in the OSCE discussed at the Dublin Platform
- Activists from all over the world discuss the prospects of civil society in Montreal
- The first in the world Museum of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights is looking for volunteers!
- The IV Summer Human Rights School took place in Moscow
- Youth Network of civil journalism: the second birth
- At the meeting of the OSCE the YHRM participants told about “silent protests” in Belarus and the Internet censorship in Ukraine
- Ales Krot was reinstated in the University by the Court decision
- The court gave a hope to justice in the case of Congolese Boris
- Human rights website “Chronicles of Turkmenistan” hacked
- New concern about the safety and physical and psychological integrity of Mr. Illie Cazac
- 2011 Front Line Award for Human Rights Defenders at Risk goes to the Joint Mobile Group of the Russian Federation for their outstanding work in Chechnya
- Special operation against the Special Rapporteur: Belarus is afraid of independent assessment of the human rights situation
- Call to Action on Kirti: Two Tibetans killed, hundreds of monks detained
- Statement of the Steering Council of the Committee on International Control over the Situation with Human Rights regarding violations by Belarus of the OSCE commitments related to assistance to NGOs in monitoring conditions in the human dimension
- Police says detained human rights activists are suspected of their involvement in the terrorist attack
- Civil Society Organizations Welcome a New OSCE Initiative on Human Rights in Belarus
- Statement No. 5 “On the situation with the observance of fundamental human rights during criminal court proceedings in regard to the participants of the events on December 19th, 2010”
- Russian journalist Alexander Lashmankin sentenced to administrative arrest in Orsha (Belarus). In response the journalist went on a hunger strike
- Head of the International Observation Mission is detained in Minsk
- The Promo-LEX Association issued bulletins on situation with political prisoners Ernest Vardanean and Ilie Cazac
- Statement to the Azerbaijani authroities to condemn the recent interrogation of human rights defenders and arrests of youth activists and bloggers in Azerbaijan
- «Are they asking? Give them!» Ukraine: Refugee is imprisoned again because he is a refugee
- International human rights observers are being deported from Belarus
- In memory of Galina Kozhevnikova
- Russians were taken to court: extend and don’t have mercy on
- ODIHR publishes final report on Belarus presidential election
- The 4th Winter School for Human Rights
- Youth Network civil journalism invites to unite
- Human rights activists discussed the situation in Belarus with the UN High Commissioner for human rights
- The first criminal trial on the case of participation in the riots at the Independence Square on December 19th
- Will Europe's Door Open for Tunisia: How Many Deaths will it Take?
- Happy New Year from YHRM!
- Petition #1 of long-term international supervisory mission of the Human rights committee in Belarus
- Appeal for Belorussian students
- FLARE appeal to all European Universities to support and host the Belarusian students
- Statement on behalf of the Non-Govermental International Steerings Committee of the community of democracies (ISC/CD) on Elections in Belarus
- Support Alexey Sokolov!
- Belarus: UN human rights chief condemns violence and detentions, calls for full respect for human rights
- BELARUS: Harsh crackdown on independent civil society amid post-election period
- Fundamental Rights Violated during Belarusian Presidential Election
- Review of situation in Belarus on 19th-20th of December
- Human Rights defenders for free elections: raided and staff detained
- "Crystal Night" as an occasion to remember the role of humanitarian values and ideas
- Russia for Russians Screamed by Thousands Voices
- '32 May' has arrived in St. Petersburg
- YHRM asks civil organizations to fill in a questioner regarding license for NGOs
- Moscow Helsinki Group Awards Announced
- Russian Federation: ICJ calls for systemic reforms to strengthen the judiciary
- HRC Memorial Book Being Inspected for Extremism by FSB in Kuban
- Have the Russian authorities decided to publicly tell the truth about Katyn and Stalin's role in the massacres?
- You Can Go, But You’ll Be Arrested Then
- Armenian journalists and civil society appeal to their colleagues worldwide to raise THEIR voices in defense of political prisoner Nikol Pashinyan
- Second Azerbaijani 'Donkey Blogger' Freed
- Film in Memory of Anastasia Baburova has been Shown at the ‘Profession: Journalist’ Festival
- Scandal in Moscow over Cancellation of Screening of Anastasia Baburova Film
- Stop the Violence in Khimki! A Public Appeal to President Dmitry Medvedev
- Civil Petitions: Petition against Proposed Increase in Compulsory Insurance Contributions by Non-Profits
- Open Appeal of the International Socio-Ecological Union "On protecting the life of Farid Tukhbatullin, human rights activist and citizen of Russia from the Turkmen security forces
- Blocking of fascist march in Warsaw 11 November 2010
- Challenges to the European democracy were discussed in Yerevan
- Russian human rights defenders had a meeting with top-managment of "Microsoft" in USA
- Human rights activists complain the Secretary General of the Council of Europe about human rights violations in Armenia
- LGBT rights defenders attacked in Tomsk, Russia
- Declaration of the 14th ILGA-Europe conference with regard to attack on LGBT activists in Russia
- On 14-15-th of October a conference “Higher Education and Civil Society: A New Social Mission of The University” was held
- Russian President has put veto on amendments to the federal law on protests and rallies
- Journalists, bloggers hold rally near Moscow police headquarters over attack on Oleg Kashin, Kommersant journalist
- Rally on Triumphal Square, an Interim Victory of the Civil Society
- Stop the Anti-Constitutional Bill! Public Appeal to the President of the Russian Federation
- Open Letter by Civil Society Organizations on the Statement by the Vice President of Microsoft Corporation about Changes to Company Strategy in Russia
- Are we ready for peace?
- Freedom to demonstrate is a human right – even when the message is critical
- In Rostov-on-Don court rejected the petition of the human rights activist Kostantin Baranov
- Crystal Night – Never Again!": in search of the alternatives and like-minded persons!
- Human rights in the North Caucasus
- Microsoft changes its policy concerning Russian NGOs
- Members of the Youth Human Rights Movement have been invited to the Advisory Committee of the internet project rightsinrussia.info
- Now you can fill out the questionnaire online
- Lyudmila Alekseeva is recognized as a person to be known and heard across the country
- Microsoft Moves to Help Nonprofits Avoid Piracy-Linked Crackdowns
- President Dmitry Medvedev agreed with three of five amendments proposed by Transparency International-R and Youth Human Rights Movement
- Turkmenistan: Activist at Serious Risk of Harm
- A discussion was held in Norway on the role of international non-governmental organizations and coalitions in defense of human right activists in different countries
- Statement by Russian NGOs: We Demand an End to this Campaign of Intimidation
- Human Rights at the Moscow International Book Fair
- Evgeniy Zhovtis, Kazakhstani HR defender receives the 2010 Sakharov Award
- Support Russian activists September 17-20
- Representatives of Moscow Helsinki Group and International Youth Human Rights Movement visit Kyrgyzstan
- Start of the Action "Student, know your rights!"
- Human Rights protectors celebrated 35-th anniversary of adoption of Helsinki Act
- Data base and case study on the Uzbek political prisoners
- “Vostok Forum”: meeting point – Russian North
- International Human Rights Network “Flare” will examine circumstances of road construction in Forest-Park
- Third Summer School for Human Rights
- Belarus: Human Rights Defenders offered their version of bill on alternative civil service (ACS)
- Solidarity with Timur Tskhovrebov
- Congratulations to 12 years of YHRM!
- FinRosForum 2010: Russia and the EU. Partnership for modernization
- Sverdlovsk Regional Court has started cassational proceedings of criminal case of Alexey Sokolov, human right activist
- Summit of the Global Civil Initiative for the OSCE was held in Almaty
- New website of the Youth Network against Racism and Intolerance
- We launch solidarity campaign with Congo student Boris - for rights of all unlawfully expelled students
- Cruel attack on Khimki forest defenders
- European Union сarries on a dialogue with the representatives of the civil society on the future of democracy and Human Rights financial support programs
- A pillow fight in Minsk finished by mass arrests
- Open Letter to His Holiness Patriarch of Moscow and all of Russia Kirill from community of HIV-positive people of Ukraine
- The final meeting between the representatives of the Russian NGOs with the European Union delegation on the evaluation of the Human Rights consultations took place in Moscow
- Civic Society Summit in Washington – Searching the Ways of Cooperation between Russian and American Organizations
- The OSCE High Level Conference on Tolerance and Non-Discrimination was held in Kazakhstan
- Kazahstan: Solidarity visit to detained human rights defender Evgeny Zhovtis
- Presidential council defends rights of human rights ombudsman
- Foreign students and civil activists in Russia: victory – one for all
- IV Regional NGO Congress of the Council of Europe was held in Vilnius
- Kyrgyzstan: Tracking the Crisis - Reports on from CIVICUS and partners
- Students' Rights and Human Rights defending among Students, Present-Day Students
- Yuri Ivaschenko. Uprooted.
- EU-Russia human rights talks making little impact
- A Dangerous Place to Defend Human Rights
- Sokolov Must Be Guaranteed Fair Appeal (by Heidi Hautala)
- Appeal to the representatives of the European Union institutions
- Europe for all or for the selected few? UNITED Conference in Budapest
- In Murmansk took place a roundtable on the issue of spreading the ideas of fascism and nationalism among youth
- Young people from Northern Caucasus study to solve public problems
- In Udmurtia neo-Nazis tried to set fire to an apartment of Izhevsk antifascist
- European values are growing on the Voronezh ground
- International seminar "Racism, xenophobia, discrimination. How we have seen them ... ".
- Stop Kharkov Deforestation!
- Human Rights Watch is concerned about recent reports of threats against disability activist Andrey Fedosov
- The 86-th Alexander Esenin-Volpin's birthday
- The letter from the student trade union "Direct action" on the first results of solidarity campaign
- Jock Palfreeman: Call for Justice
- Human rights defender Tamara Karastelyova feels better, but assistance is still needed
- The international campaign in protection of Maxim Popov is launched
- Urgent Action: Aleksei Sokolov
- Mass searches in oppositionists' flats all over Belarus
- It is our Victory: Criminal Case Against Anastasia Denisova is Closed
- Russian human rights defender jailed for five years
- A Football Against Racism in Europe (FARE) consultation meeting took place in Kiev
- “Forgotten Victims” were called to memory in Prague
- Antitotal: Would the Russians see Stalin on the Victory Day?
- The International conference “Nonviolent strategies and tactics for racism counteraction” has come to the end
- New Tactics featured the dialogue 'Engaging Youth in Non-Violent Alternatives to Militarism' from April 21 to 27
- Urgent request of help from Milan, Italy
- Microsoft avoids taking responsibility for its representative's action in Anastasia Denisova's case
- YHRM has taken part in discussions on the protection of fundamental rights in the EU
- Appeal of Polish citizens to citizens of Russia
- Trainings in the sphere of human rights - the view from the Council of Europe
- The Congress of the International Federation for Human Rights in Yerevan (Armenia): when will the national defense mechanisms be effective?
- Minsk Region Court acquits Ivan Mikhailau
- Chronicles of the events: the first victory has been gained in Anastasia Denisova case
- Human rights activists Tamara Karasteleva needs help
- Docudays UA 2010: The 7th nomination of the best documentaries on human rights in Ukraine
- Alternative civilian service in the Republic of Belarus: Ivan Serebro
- Alternative civilian service in the Republic of Belarus: Dzmitry Smyk
- Seminar of the School for human integrity and education in Murmansk
- International seminar “Overcoming the crisis of European non-violent methods. The philosophy and practice” in Georgia
- Young people from Vladimir joined the international movement for Tibet
- Real Media Activism. Blog “Music for Social and Civil Action” is shortlisted for the contest “The Best of the Blogs”
- Court of Soviet Region of Gomel discharged claims against Yauheni Yakavenka
- International Academy of Remembrance and Human Rights in Berlin: building bridges for cooperation
- “Human Rights Defender – a profession at risk?” YHRM participated in the annual human rights conference of the European Union Delegation to Russia
- Xenophobia among young people: from research to counteraction
- The Charges against Anastasia Denisova: The Investigation is Confused
- Take part in the summer workcamp program of the Youth “Memorial”
- Verdict on Mikhailau’s case not ready either. Another break in consideration of the case.
- How to protect human rights defenders in Russia ?
- International Action "Stop Racism!" has been ended but counteraction to racism goes on
- In Ukraine first student embassies for foreign students has appeared
- The Georgian-Russian Civil Dialogue is opened for joining civil and human rights organizations!
- Student’s Self-Government Worldwide
- Third criminal case on demands of alternative civilian service in Belarus
- On March 26, 2010, Minsk Region Court will again consider the criminal case on Ivan Mikhailau who is charged with draft evasion
- Alexander Lukashenko commissioned the Law “On Alternative Military Service” to be developed
- Belarusian human rights defenders invited local authorities to dialogue
- Revenue Service Does Not Allow Armenian Press into Georgia
- Court hearing on a conscientious objector from the military Yauheni Yakavenka
- Freedom House, Russian Rights Groups Announce New Partnership
- Svetlana Gannushkina was nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- Amnesty International: Environmentalist arrested in Turkmenistan
- Environmental Advocate Arrested in Apparent Staged Setup
- Letter from arrested environmentalist Andrei Zatoka to the Prosecutor General of Turkmenistan
- Environmentalist Andrei Zatoka charged. Campaign for his release continues
- Trial of Andrei Zatoka scheduled for 29 October
- Officials of the Department for Counteraction to Economic Crimes come driving a car with no license plates and intimidate Human Rights advocates
- New stage in Georgian-Russian Civil Dialogue
- Why I couldn't take part in the HDIM conference - OSCE/ODIHR in Warsaw
- International Youth Meeting in Georgia
- Meeting in Vilnius on improving human rights education for young people
- Moscow is repeatedly obliged to approve the reform of the European Court of Human Rights
- OSCE helps regional experts discuss ways to improve human rights education at Vilnius meeting
- International project “Youth for open Europe!” searches for people
- Voronezh House of Human Rights is to be put up for sale
- President Medvedev’s meeting with human rights defenders from the “Pamfilova’s Council”
- Human rights defenders - on liberalization of NGO legislation
- Join the creation of the Civic Journalism Network!
- Solidarity: Political conscription in Belarus
- European Conscience and Totalitarianism
- Launch of ECRI’s new Website
- AI press release: Moldova: Police fail to protect demonstrators yet again
- Green Alternative (GROZA) statement: "About the murder of Stas Markelov and Nastya Baburova "
- Andrey Yurov about the passing 2008
- New Year congratulations
- Support Konstantin Baranov, human rights activist and anti-fascist from Rostov-on-Don, Russia!
- Meeting "I'm free!" took place in Novopushkinsky public garden
- All-Russian actions of motorists
- The Universal Declaration of Human Rights: 1948-2008
- Project presentation "Anti-corruption WebRoom"
- Raid on an independent research centre Memorial should be investigated
- What Civil Society Russia Is Building
- "Memorial" issues statement over the seizure of its office in St Petersburg
- March against hatred: racism in Russia
- Iraq today: struggling for a better future?
- MATERIALS PREPARED BY RUSSIAN NGOs FOR THE UNIVERSAL PERIODIC REVIEW OF RUSSIA IN THE UNITED NATIONS HUMAN RIGHTS COUNCIL
- International Monitoring Group REPORT on mission in Georgia.
- Declaration on establishment of Russian-Georgian Civil Dialog
- THREE JOURNALISTS BEAT IN NAKHCHIVAN, EQUIPMENT BROKEN
- Statement of Moscow Helsinki Group on War Conflict in South Ossetia and Georgia
- Georgian Villages in South Ossetia Burnt, Looted
- “Multinational Georgia” expresses its deep concern about the latest developments undertaken in the region of South Ossetia
- Criticism = extremism
- Civil actions against racism and xenophobia in Kharkov
- Another Young Armenian Human Rights Activist Assaulted
- Russian Anti-nuclear Action Camp 2008
- In Yerevan passes rally in support of political prisoners
- Ill-treatment/ Risk of impunity
- International journalism competetion 2008
- IRFS Chairman hospitalized after being Struck over Head with Gun by Police
- Cuban youth build democracy
- Protect Journalist Agil Khalil!
- In Belarus start to be created surprising things!
- Youth Human Rights Movement: May activities in Berlin
- Leading Human Rights Defender Assaulted Investigate Whether Mikael Danielian Was Targeted for His Human Rights Work
- Mikael Danielian shot
- 10 years on guard of Human Rights
- Support the alternative NGO report on the situation of racial discrimination in Russia
- “Multinational Georgia” presents the results of the pre-election monitoring
- They can when they want: a meeting against police arbitrariness was held without abuse on May 15 in Moscow
- New Initiative of “Multinational Georgia” on monitoring voting
- Join the awareness-raising action “Europe as a fact or Europe as a choice?”
- Sentence to Andrey Kim: Contradicts the Law and the Common Sense
- Movement against police lawlessness
- Russian Civil Society Problems Raised during the EU-Russia Human Rights Consultations
- The actions in memory of the victims in Armenia
- " What is being celebrated, Serzh?" - The action in memory of the victims in Armenia
- World Youth Movement for Democracy meets in Kyiv
- Fifth Assembly of the World Movement for Democracy held in Kyiv, Ukraine
- The Human Rights Education Youth Network meeting in Budapest
- The Fifth International Human Rights Documentary Film Festival
- Liquidation of an NGO on the formal grounds is not allowed
- The EU must pay more attention to supporting civil societies in Eastern Europe
- Open Letter from the Wives, Mothers, and Sisters of Victims of Political Persecution in Connection with the 2008 Armenian Presidential Election
- In Tbilisi was opened the office «SOS. ARMENIA»
- The International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Police against activists and journalists
- St.Tatiana's Day: student holiday – for the student?
- Research among Russian NGOs
- European Youth Unites to Combat Organized Crime (Poland)
- Borders Became Insuperable Again?
- YHRM’s cooperation with the Council of Europe is raised to a new level
- International initiative «Georgian-Russian civil dialogue» is proud to announce an Essay Competition
- "Crystal Night - Never Again! " - join!
- Join the international Week of awareness-rising actions against antisemitism, xenophobia and neonazism "Crystal Night - Never Again!" (November 9-16)
- APPEAL of the International Monitoring Group to the governments of Council of Europe and European Union member states, intergovernmental institutions, international humanitarian and civil organizations regarding the situation with presence of internationa
- Statement of the Russian participants IN YHRM on the armed conflict between Russia and Georgia
- The “Open city” seeks for authors!
- Informational and awareness-raising campaign "Youth and the Army"
- Action Week “Stop Racism!”: there are no answers given
- Volunteers of Human Rights in Russia, Ukraine and Germany
- Volunteers of Human Rights in Russia, Ukraine and Germany
- Russian Week against Homophobia (RWAHO) March 25-31, 2008
- Invitation to Join New Free Professional and Academic Networking Site
- Coalition Against Hate (NIS)
- The Second Regional NGO Congress took place in Kyiv 26-27 November
- The “Book of good deeds”will be publiched in Trans-Istria
- A biscuit and a quotation: how to make people aware
- Guantanamo - "anybody of you may take the stand"
- European conference "'Break our Limits' through Intercultural Action"
- “Citizen. Society. Army.“ – A new section in the network of the All Russian Civil Congress
- Distribution of information: “Informal education and enlightenment in the Civil sector”
- Preparation for the European week of actions against racism in Football
- Ukraine – without borders!
- Youth and society: what do we want, what can we do?
- Was the checking of eye-sight successful?
- You’re hero, aren’t you?
- Appeal to antifascists, civil activists and all those who are not indifferent…
- Since this month YHRM has started to spread Newsletter in english
- Federal Registration Service withdrew its claim against the YHRM
- The international Conference “1937-2007: the way o freedom from totalitarianism” took place
- The international week of awareness-raising actions “Crystal Night - Never Again!” (9-16 of November) has come to an end
- Young Russian civic leaders took the internship in Brussels
- Report: European regional meeting on the World Programme for Human Rights Education
- Report: First OSCE Youth Forum
- The famous human rights defender Alexander Gorelik, member of the YHRM board of support passed away
- 18th meeting of the Advisory Council on Youth (Hungary)
- Russian human rights website HRO.org faces DDOS attack
- WE WILL FIGHT NOT JUST FOR OURSELVES, BUT FOR A NEW GENERATION OF CIVIL ACTIVISTS
- YHRM unlawfully persecuted in Russia
- The program of support youth civil initiatives from YHRM
- Appeal to antifascists, civil activists and all those who are not indifferent…
- New stage ot the campany for abolition of death penalty and for humanization of law
- Our mailing-lists are changed!